The Activities and Events committee supports event organisers. We have a few ongoing projects: Evaluating the congresses to collect the best practices and share do’s and don’ts. We also keep records of all of EGEA’s events. Besides this, we provide a manual for event and exchange organisers and are open for questions from any organiser!
Who are we ?
We are a small group of EGEAns who have a heart for the core of the association: our events! Some of us have already organized many events, others have not, but everyone’s ideas are welcome. Congress organizers (former) could especially contribute with a lot by experience, whereas newbies will get to learn the best practices and contribute with more “out-of-the-box“ ideas. Our tasks are clear, output oriented and not time consuming. So, anybody who likes to see the result of their work and still have enough time to visit more events, fits well in our team.
Are you interested in joining Actcom? Fill out the form on the main page for committees or send us an email (see bottom of the page),
What are we doing?
Our main areas of expertise are:
- EGEA activities and events
- Supporting organisers
- Tracking the quality of events
- Sharing best practices between past and future organiser
- Collecting data to provide data to the official bodies
We are working on:
- Evaluation guidelines for congresses – To clarify and simplify the congress evaluations we are making instructions on what should be done and how. Our target groups are : congress organisers, workshop & other session leaders, future organisers.
- Evaluation of congresses 2018/2019 – Our new evaluation guidelines will directly be used to evaluate all the congresses we have coming this year
- Database of events 2018/2019 – This is our main, continuous project, we collect data from the entities about organized events, verify it and keep it in order
- Entity Ranking list 2019/2020 – This is the tool that assists congress organisers and other event organisers to assign spots and create the order of the waiting list, based on the level of activity per entity for last two years
- Revising & promoting the event and exchange organizer manual – The manuals provide all basic information event organisers need to know
- Project: How to minimize the amount of cancelled events? – Cancelling an event could be quite a disappointment for motivated organisers, so this year we’ll watch what events get cancelled and for what reason(s)
- Evaluating congress guidelines – Organising a congress is never easy, so we collect best practices during our evaluations and will – if necessary – suggest adjustments
Recently finished projects
In the 2017/2018 EGEA year we have finished following projects:
- Finish and publish the Manual for Event Organisers
- Checklist for Event and Exchange organisers
- Entity Ranking List 2017/2018
- Database of events 2018/2019
If you have any comments or questions always feel free to contact us on email@example.com!