URBAN MINDS WANTED! Application for workshop leaders for WRC 2020 in Melchtal, Switzerland from 14.-19. April 2020 We want to provide our participants with some scientific input we are looking for motivated workshop leaders for our congress. You have spent hours studying and accumulating knowledge and you finally want to pass […]
URBAN MINDS WANTED!
Application for workshop leaders for WRC 2020 in Melchtal, Switzerland from 14.-19. April 2020
We want to provide our participants with some scientific input we are looking for motivated workshop leaders for our congress. You have spent hours studying and accumulating knowledge and you finally want to pass it on to other students? You have an interest in our urban surroundings and their interactions with the natural environment and society? Then this is your opportunity to broaden your horizon and do some science with your fellow EGEAns! All you need to do is apply for it now.
To find a starting point for your research on a potential topic can be hard. Down below we have a limited collection of potential topics. We also encourage you to come up with your own idea, if it’s connected to the congress topic. If you have any questions you can contact us via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to know before applying:
- You will have plenty of time to conduct your workshop as you will have 9.5 hours of workshop sessions + 2h of presentation.
- You can lead on your own or in teams of two. This will not be a criteria for the evaluation of your application. If you prefer to do this workshop on your own, you will still have an equal chance.
- You should plan your workshop activities for about 20 participants.
- While there should be some connection to the congress topic, it doesn’t have to be connected to the region or country the congress is set in. So, feel free to bring in examples from other places.
- 10% reduction on the congress fee
- A fixed place at the congress
- A fancy certificate to add to your CV
- A sincere handshake from the scientific team
- Nobel prize, maybe (no promises)
Sounds good? How to apply:
- Download our application form, fill in your credentials and answer our questions.
- Send it in to email@example.com
- Wait for approval.
The application period will be open between 30.10.2019 and 22.11.2019 23:59 CET. Depending on the amount of applications received we reserve the right to extend the application period.
- Smart Cities, how the digital revolution influences urban spaces.
- New ways of living together, how the urban lifestyle changes our social spaces.
- From rags to riches, Gentrification versus marginalized communities.
- Alpine ghost towns, winter tourism re-shaping alpine landscapes and communities.
- Make city life affordable again! Perspectives on fighting skyrocketing rent prices.
- Building in the danger zone, protecting settlements from natural hazards.
- Adapting cities to the effects of climate change
- Mapping urban heat islands with GIS
- The 2000 Watt society, Swiss cities on their way to a sustainable urban environment
- Measuring urban expansion with Remote Sensing.
- Urban jungle, restoring habitats and mobility for wildlife populations.
- Land of commuters. How development of transport infrastructure drives urbanization in Switzerland and elsewhere.
- Getting people involved, increasing the acceptance of large scale construction projects with public participation.
- The sponge city, preventing urban heat islands and flooding at the same time.
- Invisible barriers. How disabled people experience navigating a city and how to increase their independency.
- Repair, reuse, recycle. Communities attempts to reduce waste in urban settings.