This is the official Open Call for the EGEA Annual Congress 2020! What is the Annual Congress? The Annual Congress is the biggest event of EGEA. Representatives from all regions and nearly all entities, as well as official bodies of EGEA, come together to discuss and work on the future development of our […]
This is the official Open Call for the EGEA Annual Congress 2020!
What is the Annual Congress?
The Annual Congress is the biggest event of EGEA. Representatives from all regions and nearly all entities, as well as official bodies of EGEA, come together to discuss and work on the future development of our Association. It is the most diverse event of EGEA and offers a platform for all participants to exchange knowledge and experience while also taking part in excursions, workshops and a broad scientific program.
Annual Congress 2018 organised by EGEA Zagreb
What needs to happen during the Annual Congress?
According to our Statutory Base and the Protocol, the Annual Congress has to offer at least 150 places for participants and host the General Assembly. The General Assembly is the most important part of the program, where all representatives come together to vote upon changes in our Association and approve the new Board, RCPs and other officials. In addition, the AC hosts Regional Meetings of every region, where regional matters are discussed. The AC also holds the biggest EGEA and Partner Fair, where all invited partners, sponsors, project groups and bodies of EGEA can introduce themselves to all participants. It also has been a tradition to host the Scientific Symposium and Poster Session where EGEAns can present their own research and gain feedback from the audience. And around all that organisers can be creative to organise a program with excursions, trainings, workshops, wise-ups or any other creative program points.
When choosing a topic of the congress and scientific background, take into consideration that we will have EGEA Theme Year 2020: Sustainable cities and communities. Congress topic doesn’t have to be connected to the Theme Year, however, it might be beneficial if it is. Why? You will be able to cooperate and get support from the other events organisers who work around the same topic. Also, the outcome of your scientific program will be a part of a bigger project, presented and promoted by EGEA.
General Assembly 2018
How do I know that my entity is ready for hosting an AC?
As you can see, organising the AC is the biggest challenge for an entity in EGEA but this should not scare you away. If you have a motivated team of around 10-15 members, which can also consist of many entities, and you have at least some experienced members in the group who already attended ACs and are going to stay in the team for the whole year, then you should definitely think of applying for hosting the AC 2020. If you are still unsure and want to have more advice, you can contact current AC organisers from EGEA Brno and EGEA Prague at firstname.lastname@example.org, they are very happy to help you!
- All requirements can be found in the Statutory Base and the Protocol (Article 22).
- A fixed 5% of the Annual Congress fee goes to the Association.
- As organisers of the Annual Congress, you get support from Event and PR Advisor, with whom you are working during the whole year.
- The AC should be organised between middle of September and the middle of October.
- You should reserve time in your program for administrative activities of EGEA, such as the General Assembly, Regional Meetings and other traditional activities.
- The Attendance and Waiting Lists have to be created according to the procedure explained in the Appendix B.
- The fee for the congress is regulated by Article 23 of the Protocol and the Appendix C.
How to apply?
- Deadline is the 28th of August, 23:59 CEST, 20 days before the GA starts.
- Until then you need to send your application to email@example.com. The application should contain the dates, number of participants, possible location, topic of the congress and scientific background, draft of the budget, potential partners and sponsors, orgateam and additional information, which might attract entities to vote for your application.
- You are also welcome to post your application here in the forum as well as using other social media to promote it.
If you have any questions about the application process or the organisation of the AC, don’t hesitate to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to your creative applications!
Greetings from your Board 2018/2019,
Swen, Valentina, Milan, Frederike and Anna