The ADVISORY BOARD is a body formed by three experienced individuals of the Association. Its main tasks are to advise and supervise the Board of EGEA. The Advisory Board cannot perform any executive tasks nor has it any decision-making power within the Association. According to the Protocol, Article 19, the Advisory Board consists of […]
The ADVISORY BOARD is a body formed by three experienced individuals of the Association. Its main tasks are to advise and supervise the Board of EGEA. The Advisory Board cannot perform any executive tasks nor has it any decision-making power within the Association.
According to the Protocol, Article 19, the Advisory Board consists of three individuals, from which one is reserved for a Board member or a Regional Contact Person from the previous three years.
Are you interested in taking on a position in the Advisory Board? Please send your applications to email@example.com until 28 August, 2019, 23:59 CEST! Do not publish it in any way and please read this post carefully since it contains important information.
The main duties of the positions can be found here in the Protocol, Article 19.
- To stay in a close communication with the Board and up to date about their work.
- To advise the Board whenever requested by the Board.
- To express their concern to the Board about violations of the Statutory Base or Protocol of EGEA and/or decisions which are considered harmful for the Association.
- To inform all members if deemed necessary and the Board has not corrected the respective case within a sufficient time frame. The statement should be sent to all member entities via e-mail and published on the EGEA website.
- To request the Regional Teams to organise a regional e-meeting to inform members if deemed necessary based on the severity of the case. The request should be granted within three weeks.
- To prepare a written report about the work of the Board and present it at the General Assembly together with a recommendation about discharging the Board.
- To take on a mediating function between the Board and other bodies, members and/or individuals of the Association, in case their expertise is requested. Working in this function should not be reported on.
- To maintain the egea.eu body e-mail account
During their term, the members of the Advisory Board cannot hold any other position in the Association except the entity Contact Person.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org until 28th of August 23.59 CEST
- An application should contain at least the following points:
– evidence of sufficient EGEA experience to fulfil an advisory function
– skills, competences and motivation to apply
- The General Assembly decides from the candidates who to elect for the Advisory Board.
- The elected Advisory Board takes over full responsibility after being approved by the General Assembly and the term lasts until the next General Assembly.
- The applications will be posted on the forum by the Board of EGEA within 24 hours after the closing of the application period.
- evidence of sufficient EGEA experience to fulfil an advisory function
- skills, competences and motivation to apply
If you have any further questions you can always contact us for clarification. Either by commenting in this forum, or via the official email address (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to seeing your applications!
Your BoE 2018/19,
Swen, Valentina, Milan, Frederike, Anna