Halfway through the year. The second semester has started, and we, the 27th board of EGEA Utrecht, can look back to a fantastic first semester of 2014/2015. A quick recap!
Already, we are halfway through the year. The second semester has started, and we, the 27th board of EGEA Utrecht, can look back to a fantastic first semester of 2014/2015. A quick recap:
- The year started with our 1st semester introduction day; around 50 new internationals joined us;
- Introduction weekend made us see 43 internationals and Dutchies enjoy a crazy EGEAn BDC;
- September was rudely interrupted by a crazy week in Romania; AC 2014;
- September ended with our change of boards and the change of boards party. Thanks to all who came all the way to Utrecht for us!;
- Since October we had many, almost weekly local activities for our internationals and Dutch EGEAns. We did a boat tour on the Utrechter grachten, climbed our Dom tower, went ice skating, laser tagging, had our cycling dinner and International Drinks, went playing some pool and even Sinterklaas visited EGEA Utrecht!;
- We had very well visited Monthly Drinks in the centre of Utrecht;
- Got our committees filled, even a new one, and started. They are doing a great job and even intensify our relationship with the other local Geosciences study societies with hopefully some exciting prospects!;
- Had a visit from EGEA Berlin in October;
- Are very well on our way to a great AC 2015 thanks to our enthusiastic AC Committee!;
- Said goodbye to most first semester internationals by singing karaoke and having a party. Sad;
- And visited Madrid (and EGEA Madrid) the day after for four days, to see Nadine;
- Which turned out to be three days for Job, as he missed the flight;
- Although it was a miracle that Maarten and Toine made it just in time (on a few minutes scale), thanks to Tijmen;
- Started the second semester with as many internationals as the first semester, wow!;
- Again had a busy introduction day and -weekend, with again an intense BDC to top it up;
- Went to the Dutch Earth Science Career Day in Amsterdam and got a glimse of hope for a re-birth of EGEA Wageningen;
- Went all CARNAVAL with our internationals in Eindhoven: culture shock!;
- Had intense discussions about who of us will go to which congress;
- Everybody won, see you there!;
- Have big plans for this semester, with more local activities, a European activity, exchanges (starting with lovely St. Petersburg), a local EGEA-week with lots of activities and interesting lectures and most of all loaaads of EGEA fun!
So, we had a great first semester. Thanks to everyone involved!