The 2nd EGEAn Waste Free Week is taking place from the 3rd-9th of June 2019. The aim of this event is to promote and inspire a lifestyle with less waste. Get active and share your best practices to produce less waste with other EGEAns and the world! What can you do in the WFW? […]
The 2nd EGEAn Waste Free Week is taking place from the 3rd-9th of June 2019. The aim of this event is to promote and inspire a lifestyle with less waste. Get active and share your best practices to produce less waste with other EGEAns and the world!
What can you do in the WFW?
- Reconsider your own consumption (Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle & Upcycle)
- Raise awareness on the waste problem and its solutions.
- Share your achievements with us!
Who can participate and how?
You can either participate as an individual or as a team. A team can consist of 2 or more people from one or different entities. Alumni´s and non-EGEAns are welcome as well!
We will have a competition and give points to the individuals/teams. The best individual participant as well as the best team will receive a prize. Please send us your team name and participants´ names (incl. entity, if they differ from each other) to firstname.lastname@example.org until Sunday, the 2nd of June at 23:59 CET.
Use the seemingly infinite platform of social media to show others how you avoid your waste. Please add #egeawfw and add your team name/entity, it will make it easier to find and evaluate all ideas 😊
Even if you don’t want to take part in the competition or officially register, you are free to get inspired and share your practices or events with people around you.
How will the waste free actions be evaluated?
We will be evaluating the waste free actions with 4-5 different evaluation criteria, and give each of the criteria points from 1-5 (the more points, the better). The evaluation criteria are the following:
- Number of shared achievements – how many actions you took and shared on social media (do not forget to make your posts PUBLIC)
- Number of different actions – avoidance, reduction at source, re-use, recycling …
- Creativity – How creative were the activities? [1 – 5]
- Potential impact and integration of others – how much potential does an action have to influence or inspire others [1 – 5]
EGEA Green will be keeping you posted (check out the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1215583531925867/) on tips and tricks for waste avoidance and we are available for any questions that might come up.
Need some inspiration now already?
- Consider ways to Refuse and Reduce your waste: the best way to get rid of waste is to avoid it in the first place.
Example: When you go grocery shopping, take your own bag with you instead of using the plastic bags from the store, in order to especially avoid plastic waste.
- Reuse your resources and things: make use of them anew or in new ways.
Example: use newspapers for wrapping gifts, use plastic bags several times or buy things you need second hand.
- Recycle and Upcycle your waste: we would like you to try and recycle your unwanted things and make something new out of it.
Example: making a bag out of an old shirt, making hooks from forks, etc.
- Raise awareness on the problem and possible solutions:
Example: Organize (e-)lectures or public discussions that are connected to the topic.