Dear EGEA Trainers, We would like to happily encourage you to become one of our trainers at the Annual Congress 2019 organised by EGEA Prague & EGEA Brno in Czechia. The congress will take place from the 16th until the 22nd of September, but the training sessions will only be on Friday 20th, […]
Dear EGEA Trainers,
We would like to happily encourage you to become one of our trainers at the Annual Congress 2019 organised by EGEA Prague & EGEA Brno in Czechia. The congress will take place from the 16th until the 22nd of September, but the training sessions will only be on Friday 20th, on the day of the recreational excursions.
Since the trainings will be in combination with the recreational excursions, the format will be slightly different from usual. Feel free to deliver the training as individual or in tandem. There will be 3 trainings in total and the number of fixed places will be based on the picked applications, so in general 3-6 fixed places are in game.
You should lead training around 2 hours long, that could go well with the following excursions:
- 1 training will be at the congress location before/after the short hiking excursion
- 1 training will be during the excursion to nearby city including city game
- 1 training will be before/after the excursion to papermill
The topic of the congress is Forgotten homeland. The training topics are open, but if possible a connection with the congress topic would be nice. Some ideas we had are: general geography related topics: how to be more sustainable, taking surveys in a foreign context, congress related topics: “who are we?” (e.g. personal development, change management), “how to build your path”, decision making, adaptability & resilience. We are also open to topics related to practical skills that people can use in nature, that could go well with the hiking excursion… Of course we are open to any other ideas
Who can apply?
The call is open to all trainers. Congress can be a great opportunity to develop your training skills, make participants learn something new and share a very enjoyable time with them!
To be one of our trainers you need to:
– Be available from 16th to 22nd of September 2019
– Be available to work online before the event and prepare your session on your own or in tandem
– Have a good idea for your training topic
– Be very motivated!
How to apply?
In order to apply, you will need to send us and a motivation letter explaining:
– Your motivation to deliver a training at AC19
– Your ideas for your training topic and your plan for training session
– Your preference for excursion to deliver the training at.
– Your best and your worst experience in previous trainings (it can be as trainer or as trainee)
You need to send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org until 20.04.2019, 23:59 CET!!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on the mail address mentioned above (email@example.com) or the scientific coordinators directly Veronika Korvasová – firstname.lastname@example.org and Jakub Růžička – email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!
Your AC19 Orga Team