Date: 08/07/2019 – 12/07/2019
Location: Slovenia – near Kobarid
Description: EGEA Ljubljana presents to you Soča Trip, an event you simply cannot miss! We will spend 5 days in the beautiful valley of emerald Soča river that lies in the middle of magnificent Julian Alps. We will be discovering all the hidden gems it has to offer, from gorges and countless waterfalls to historic sites from WWI. We will be sleeping in our own tents, but don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t have your own. We will be hiking a lot, so appropriate hiking shoes are mandatory.
During the summer, 8.-12. of July 2019, we will try to escape the city life. We will go camping in Podbela (near Kobarid), where we will relax from all the exams and daily stress.
We will be sleeping in our tents on a camping field and cook in an improvised kitchen (maybe even a campfire 😉), explore local (more or less known) natural and historic attractions and live without electricity for 5 days 😧😳.
The whole event is organised with the vision of living in the nature with different excursions every day and a fun and relaxing programme in the evenings.
Half of the participant places (10 out of 20) are reserved for our local students since the event is half local half international, so hurry up with registration, as the rule goes first to register gets the place.
– Trenta valley, Soča gorges, getting to know Triglav national park (the only Slovenian national park)
– fort Kluže, fort Herman, Log pod Mangartom, Mangart saddle
– Kozjak waterfall, Čadrg village OR extreme canyoning Fratarica (extra fee 40 €)
Necessary things to bring:
– tent (if you don’t have one, please let us know when you register)
– sleeping bag
– sleeping mat
– your own plate, cup and cutlery
– reusable water bottle
– good hiking shoes (!)
Recommended to bring:
– anti tick spray
– wind jacket
– raincoat (we won’t need that, it will be sunny 🤞😁)
– warm clothes (depending on the weather forecast and the evenings might be chilly even though it is summer)
What I really don’t need:
– bad mood
– things that mean/cost a lot and you can survive 5 days without them (we will be sleeping in tents and going on trips every day, leaving tents unattended)
PRICE: 60 € per person for 5 days
EXTRA FEE FOR CANYONING: 40 € (optional)
For any further information please check the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/292006848415430/?notif_t=video_processed¬if_id=1558518846617921
Or write an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org