Date: 19/06/2019 – 23/06/2019
Description: Ever wondered why we are so hilly? And so ty-ty-typical for our geography? Come visit us and we’ll show you!
The Punting Boat Race attracts about 20,000 people every year and the river Neckar is turned into a big party location when more than 50 boats are competing. Before, there is a crazy punting boat costume competition (check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7De12NZfw9g). We will of course celebrate with the winners and watch the losers drink cod-liver oil…
But we won’t only show you the Punting Boat Race but also take you on a scavenger hunt where you can explore the city, have BBQ with you, show you around the hilly Swabian Jura close to hilly Tübingen, give you the opportunity to try out punting yourself, cook traditional Swabian food with you, have our own cultural fair, discover the Tübingen nightlife and much more.
And, in case you’re missing us too much, here’s something to shorten the waiting time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xBSrqpiiCk. We can’t wait to see you in beautiful Tübi-Town.
How to get here:
All roads lead to Tübingen! You can get here
- by Flixbus (https://www.flixbus.de/). You can take a bus that goes to Tübingen directly or check for buses that stop at Stuttgart airport. From here (also for those that would like to take the plane) there is a bus directly to Tübingen (line 828, https://www.naldo.de/).
- by train (https://www.bahn.de/).
- if you have some other EGEAns travelling with you and you go to Stuttgart, check the Metropol Tagesticket (https://www.bwegt.de/ihr-nahverkehr/bwtarif/tickets/metropoltagesticket/) which is a good offer for groups and is valid for the surroundings of Stuttgart (including Tübingen).
- by car: let us know if you’ll come by car and we’ll give you an address where to park it.
However you will reach us, let us know your arrival time and we’ll pick you up!
What to bring:
- something to protect you from the sun (sunscreen, sun glasses, hat)
- something to protect you from rain
- bathing suit
- food/drinks for cultural fair
- good shoes for hiking
- lunch box + water bottle
- pocket knife
- towel (to go swimming and for showering)