Date: 26/06/2014 – 30/06/2014
Location: Germany – Kiel
UPDATE: As we still have free places left, you can now register spontaneously until the 22nd of June!
Take your chance and sail away with us to the Kiel Fjord – we proudly announce the first official Kieler Woche Event organized by Egea Kiel from 26th to 30th June!
WHAT IS KIELER WOCHE?
Kieler Woche (“Kiel week”) is one of the biggest public festivals in Germany and has a special focus on sailing. Amongst the “Große Windjammerparade”, where all the big sailing vessels are heading towards the Kiel Fjord, there are concerts, lots of food stalls and other cultural activities.
- Thursday: Arrival, dinner with hosts, discover some bars and pubs in Kiel
- Friday: Breakfast together, Kiel city tour, exploring the Kieler Woche, dinner at International Market, in the evening: concert (Anastacia)
- Saturday: Breakfast with hosts, leave early for Windjammerparade, afterwards probably BBQ at the beach
- Sunday: Outdoor activities (wadden sea/boat trip)
- Monday: Breakfast together, departure
All the concerts taking place during Kieler Woche can be found here: www.kieler-woche.de
PLACES / COSTS / HOW TO REGISTER
We have 10 places to offer. The participation fee is 60,- Euros – covering food (except dinner at the “International Market”, expect up to 10,- Euros) and all the entrance/tour/rental and public transport fees during the event.
Please register via the registration function! (first come, first serve!) If you have any further questions, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
After registration, we will provide you with payment details and later you will receive a detailed program outline via email. Please make sure to settle the payment as soon as possible after you received your confirmation.
HOW TO REACH KIEL
From Germany and neighboring countries you can reach Kiel easily by train or Mitfahrgelegenheit (ride sharing, eventually you will have to change in Hamburg). Hamburg is also well connected to other major European cities by high-speed and night trains (some fast trains are going on to Kiel in approx. 1h). From Hamburg there are frequent connections to Kiel by regional trains (approx. 1h 15mins, hourly without changing). Book early to save money! There are group tickets for traveling within the federal states using only regional trains (e.g. the “Schleswig-Holstein-Ticket” is valid for Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern). Please bear in mind that the group tickets are often only valid from 9 a.m. onwards (except weekends)! For many countries there are special prices (“Europa Spezial”) available from Deutsche Bahn (German Rail). From other countries it is often cheaper to book the ticket via your national train operators.
There is also a frequent bus connection with MeinFernbus to Kiel (6,- Euros from Hamburg) and many more (also international) connections to Hamburg from where the train (approx. 1 hour) or another bus (approx. 1h 30mins) takes you to Kiel. German bus operators offer only some international routes so far, otherwise check with your national agencies.
The nearest airports are Lübeck (called “Hamburg-Lübeck”; Ryanair, Wizzair), Hamburg (e.g. EasyJet, germanwings, Air Berlin, Norwegian, …), Bremen (Ryanair and others) and probably Hannover or Billund/Copenhagen (Denmark).
Please feel free to ask us for further information on how to get to Kiel from your home town/country!
See you at Kieler Woche :o)
Your Egeans from Kiel
Traveling options in general
– www.bahn.de (English version: http://www.bahn.de/i/view/DEU/en/index.shtml) – check “Offers” > “Europa-Spezial” for Europe tickets and use the “Save fare finder” (Sparpreisfinder) for the cheapest tickets within Germany/Europe – tickets can be purchased online and printed at home using a credit card for booking
– Last-minute tickets @26 Euros (7-1 day in advance only): http://bahn.ltur.com/ (also offers Europe tickets from/to changing countries @36 Euros – “Top Ziel international”)
– www.hkx.de (Hamburg-Cologne express)
– Check www.momondo.com or the airlines’ websites (Ryanair, EasyJet, germanwings, Air Berlin, Norwegian, …)