Date: 12 Jan 2020 – 15 Jan 2020
Location: Chernivtsi, Ukraine and Krasnoilsk, Ukraine
Price: 65 euros (can be less later)
EGEA Chernivtsi is happy to announce the fourth edition of Malanka Fest!
Malanka– is specific traditional winter celebration in Bukovina region (not celebrated in other parts of Ukraine) with national dances, songs and what is the most important special (sometimes strange and weird) costume dressings, which remind carnival, taking part both in villages of our region and on the streets of Chernivtsi!
Also very soon Malanka tradition join UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
Program is going to be full of activities, fun and amazing Ukrainian cousine.
Short list of main events:
- Old city excursion
- Fancy dinners
- Lectures about Malanka celebration and special speaker from Chernivtsi Business Group
- Night quest game at Ukrainian Hogwarts
- Party time
- Visiting of Krasnoilsk village with the most traditional way of celebration (has no changes for last 300 years)
- Sauna time for 3 hours after cold winter day outside
- Malanka Fest in Chernivtsi
- Accommodation in one of the best hostels of the city – Square Hostel
We need to be honest. It’s can be hard to get to Chernivtsi but totally worth it.
The closest airports with low cost air flights:
Lviv, Kyiv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Odesa, Kherson (Ukraine)
Suceava, Iasi, Cluj-Napoca, Bucharest (Romania)
The best night train connection: Lviv, Uzhhorod, Lutsk, Kyiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia (Ukraine)
The best bus connection: Lviv, Uzhhorod, Kyiv, Kharkiv (Ukraine)
This cultural phenomenon is very difficult to describe, and of course, the best way to understand it-is to become the part of this massive folk festival!
WIld Wild East is waiting for you, don´t hasitate to REGISTER!